In addition to the # 1 rule in Real Estate “Location, Location, Location” there are some other suggestions you can benefit from, to get top dollar for your home!
The strategy varies by neighborhood and market conditions, but staging a house to appeal to the maximum number of buyers can make difference in how fast the home sells.
If you have a limited budget, here are some tips that can make your house to sell for a top dollar:
- Add color to you landscape by either replacing flower beds or potted flowers, along with fresh sod.
- Replacing light fixtures and plumbing fixtures will give your home a modern touch for a minimal investment.
- Consider removing popcorn ceilings; however you need to be careful because popcorn ceilings of pre-1979 homes are likely to contain asbestos, and you need someone licensed to remove it.
- Remove window treatments, unless they are current and high-end. That cuts the risk of turning off would-be buyers who don’t share your taste, and uncovered windows that will let more light into the rooms.
- If you’re using your dining or a bedroom as an office for example, turn it back to their original use.
- Replace dirty or worn carpet, you’re better off removing the carpet if there are hardwood floors underneath.
- Uncluttered your house by packing away items that you will not use on an every day basis is a must. You want the new family to envision themselves living in the home.
- A deep cleaning before you put your home on the market is a must, so everything shines.
- Repaint all rooms in neutral colors. A fresh coat of paint also makes the house look newer and more modern.
With a few simple, low-cost tweaks, you can significantly enhance your house’s curb appeal. Focus on low cost improvements. Since every dollar counts, devote your time in renovations that’ll bring you a return.